Remember in grade school (or in my case, high school French class) when you'd get assigned to be someone's Secret Santa and give them little presents for a week? And trying to figure out who gave you that cardboard book of Life Savers? So fun! I hereby invite you to participate in a Filmi Secret Santa program, and the rules are thus:
- Presents will be virtual - collages, videos, song re-writes, new script ideas, poetic tributes, etc.
- In order to get presents, you have to give at least one. That is, to be assigned as someone's recipient, you will also get a recipient. The number of presents each Santa gives is up to them.
- Keeping your identity secret for a week or so somehow that seems more fun. Obviously this could be tricky over email, but I will happily run interference if you want to send me your present and I pass it on to your recipient with the sender's details omitted :)
- To participate, email me your name, email address, and website if you have one. This information will be given only to whoever is assigned your name.
- I also recommend submitting a small list of your favorite films, stars, etc, so that if the person who gets your name doesn't know you well, they'll have a starting point for their presents. Otherwise you might end up with a Tusshar Kapoor fan video, and no one wants that.
- I will assign names by writing them on slips of paper and drawing them out of a hat. Old school!
- OPTIONAL: if you are inspired to give a 3-D present, you certainly may, but doing so is by no means required. If you would like to go into the hat for potentially getting a 3-D present, you will have to give me your mailing address and be aware that someone else whom you may not know will also be given that information.