with apologies to Josef Mohr

On this most Germanic-ish of holidays, let me tell you that last night I was singing what I remembered of the German lyrics of "Silent Night," and as I finished the first verse, "Schlaf in himmlischer Ruh," into my head popped "Schlaf in himmli Shahrukh." Of course, it wasn't until just now that I realized the words were "himmlischer Ruh" and not "himmli Scheruh," making my substitution all the dumber. (Und ja, I realize that "Ruh" is a word that makes total sense in context, but it's been a really long time since I saw the text.)

It's a nice image, though: while not grammatically correct, I imagine Mini Khan all snuggled up in a blanket while the stars twinkle above and snow falls softly. Babasko, you can make that happen, right?

Sleep peacefully, everyone.

Update to post: she can and she did!

Comments

yves said…
Hi Beth,
Great connection! I'm sure Shahrukh would love it!
Merry Christmas
:-)
Ashley said…
Great pic of Mini Khan. Is that Babasko's Christmas tree?
babasko said…
@ashley: yes it is :)

Popular Posts