When I do the mynah bird dance move, I look like an idiot, but when Aish does it, everyone's all, "Wow, she's so intriguing and flirtatious."

Kandukondain Kandukondain is a joyful, thoughtful, beautiful adaptation of Sense and Sensibility. Whole-heartedly loved everything about it. I might have to get the CD - especially for "Song to the Mynah Bird" and "Hide and Seek." And oh...my...gosh the colors were thrilling! Crazy dancing in the countryside with a slew of peasants wearing outrageous face paint and hats! Aishwarya makes a great Marianne, so spunky and sassy and ready to love. Bollywood Boy includes several stills from this movie, but they were un-captioned, so I was surprised and delighted to see scenes that were familiar.

Maybe I'm going crazy, but I think there was a dance sequence that contained a winking reference to the Hrithik wiggle, as well, I'm sure, as a slew of other cheesey standard moves.

What does it say about me that I like an English story the most of any of the Bollywood I've watched? Lagaan is on for tonight, though, so that might change.

Comments

Popular Posts